May 1, 2010

Landscape Photography

When I do a family, senior or wedding photo shoot I am moving... a lot. I am constantly thinking about the next pose, shot, angle or set up and I move quickly to catch each moment as it happens. I have recently tried my hand at landscape photography and can I just say I admire those of you who have a natural talent for this area! I unfortunately do NOT have the landscape eye or steadiness that landscape photography requires and most of all I do NOT have the patience. I have heard that a portrait photographer sets up a shot in 1 minute while a landscape photographer requires 1 hour! Upon realizing my lack of patience in photography I decided to start practicing my landscape technique, in hopes that some of the steadiness and patience would help along my progress as a portrait photographer. So I went out scouting today for some shoots coming up next week (hopefully the weather cooperates for those) and I decided to take it nice and slow, taking my time to set up each shot and not getting frustrated when the first shot wasn't the best. I think I like the results... at least I like them a lot better than most of the other attempts!







I have also been working on a "tree" project for a friend. How can a stationary object be so difficult to take a picture of?! This is my favorite tree shot to date... I am still working on it.


About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP