Now this is what I am ALL about; Great light, willing subjects and apparent, obvious, overflowing love! This family's shoot had it all and then some because not only were they willing subjects, right on down to the four year old BOY, but they had poses that were slathered with grace and that wonderful loving feeling... uh oh... I feel a song coming on.... You've got that lovin' feeling, ohowo, that lovin' feeling. You've Got that lovin' feeling now you're gone, gone, gone, wowowo. Sorry. I had to. I am done now.
Thanks L family for braving the cold beach... barefoot :0) Onto the pictures!!
See what I mean about "even the four year old BOY" (he's awesome, by the way!);
I had some fun shooting around at random stuff and the sunset in between snaps. Here are a few shots I picked up through out my session with the L family;
I think I am going to blow one of these sunset shots up and center it between a couple of these more artistic shots. I'll hang them in my bedroom and pretend like I am lying on an island beach somewhere soaking up the sun!
oooo the sunflare. I love it. These are really really wonderful. I can tell you all were having fun. :) tell me...what time of day did you do these? great light!
ReplyDeleteI usually try to schedule my shoots an hour or two before sunset. This shoot was from 6-8 and I believe these beach shots were around 7:30 maybe a little earlier. It makes a HUGE difference in how the images come out of the camera and most of these shots had very little post processing. Definitely worth waiting for!!
ReplyDeleteI new it was either evening or morning. :) I was just curious. :) Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteseriously awesome shots Ashley...LOVE the light! :)
ReplyDeletethe shot on the beach - on the log -
ReplyDeletethat's where I want our family picture.......
love them all Ashley!
another question...I know...I'm probably annoying, but I am curious which beach these were taken. My cousin from Germany is here and asked me to grab some shots of her and her family at the beach. I'm curious which beach you like the best for pics. It is sad that I rarely go to the beach, so I'm not sure. also...isn't the fog coming in in the evening? would morning be better, or is it foggy then as well? sigh....I'm a worrier.....can you tell. anyhow, I appreciate your advice.
ReplyDeleteOh Corey! I am a question asker too and never tire of answering them either. These were taken at the South Jetty out of Florence actually. Around the SOCO I like Shore acres. There's just so many things you can do down there. I also like Sunset Bay. I find that the fog makes for great diffused light in most cases. Of course there are times when it's just a sheet and you can't see anything but MOST of the time I like the effects of the fog. If you want some great spots around the water without the fog try hitting one of the inland lakes like tugman or even just going up allegany... it's BEAUTIFUL up there.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the advice. I don't mind the fog. in fact, I'd prefer it to be overcast and foggy, but my cousin want sunny weather...ugh. Not easy to get week without full sun. we'll see, I'm going for Wednesday early morning at sunset beach. We'll probably have to head for the trails by shore acres for some open shade though. we'll see. Thanks again!
ReplyDelete