July 31, 2010

Daniel & Kayla {Just Married} Part II - Coos Bay Wedding Photographers

Alright, back to the fun! Kayla and Dan set their wedding day up in a very unique and thoughtful way. After the ceremony their family and friends went home and changed, helped further decorate the reception area and rested for the reception which started about four hours after the ceremony. It actually worked out really well for me! Jamie and I were able to go home, look through some of my images, head to the reception to do a few more shots of the bridal party and the detail work. GREAT plan!

The reception was amazing! It was a party to beat all parties and Kayla and Dan surely celebrated their marriage in style. They had so many super cool elements to the reception that I've gotta' share with all you future brides and fellow photo lovers!

Mechanical bull!? Say what!!?







Lots of boots and dancing;



Awesome 80's hair band?! YES!


One of the cool things was this wall. It was literally one side of the "Grooms Barn". which housed a cigar bar and the drinks, and it was coated in chalkboard paint for guests to sign and write sweet notes to the happy couple...GREAT IDEA!!



Beautiful handmade pom poms and white lanterns accented the vintage inspired table scape;

So if you are a bride to be take a look at this next shot and think about the lighting, please! It's UHMAZING. Kayla took things like lighting into consideration in planning her day and boy did it ever pay off. Her whole reception was soaked in gorgeous sunset light that made for great photography. I think there were other reasons for the time too but I like to think it was all about the photography :)



The "Brides Barn" was across from the "Grooms Barn" and it held a chocolate fountain and candy bar!



Goodbye sweet sunlight;



Helooo awesome candle light!

As Jamie and I were leaving the reception I made one last loop to make sure I'd gotten all the requested photos covered and someone suggested a GIANT group photo! My stomach sunk, my heart went KABOOM and I instantly thought "oh goodness... this could be bad" but ya' know what, I kinda' love this shot! I think it captures the fun of the evening just right with the kiddos sporting blue candy mustaches in the front, smiles all around and the wonderful Bride and Groom front and center. Thanks again Kayla and Daniel for an AWESOME day!

4 comments:

  1. Great shots. I am soooooooooooooooo impressed. Seriously...you were meant to do this. Amazing.

    would it be awfully weird if i called you someday to talk a bit about photography? I don't have a single friend who shares my passion, and sometimes I just want to run some thoughts by someone. If it is too weird, just let me know it is outside your comfort zone, and I'll understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corey! And yes, call away!! I will warn you that I've been know to talk till 1 a.m. on photo phone chats though :) Once you get me started it's hard to shut me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great talking to you. Thank you for the support. I hope to talk to you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZA!!! amazing work here Ashley - love EVERY SINGLE image!!!

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP