Emalie has to smile... I mean her face just works like that! When I asked her to make that "Blue Steele" face she started laughing half way through and said "It feels so strange to not smile!". It was amazing! And her smile never ever got forced. She is sincere. She is so sweet and she is the smiliest girl I've ever met! What a great quality! I'm sure all of her friends know her for that amazing smile and I'm sure she will never have trouble making new friends either as she embarks on her last year in high school and prepares to begin a new chapter of life. As we strolled through mucky sand, tall grass and drift wood we chatted about how Emalie's school experience had be thus far. She mentioned that she was dancing a lot, tap, jaz, you name it. Then she broke her ankle while running and couldn't continue dancing. Emalie didn't take that as a reason not to smile though! During her time away from dancing she found other things that she realized she was missing out on because dance had been it for her. Now she is an avid runner and she is a Mr. Bulldog girl, helping raise money for premature babies. She does loads of other things and keeps herself busy but well rounded. She was pretty inspiring to me. I have missed taking lots of professional photos and doing all of the fun things a photographer gets to do. Emalie made me think about how many things I've been privileged to watch my children do and had I been out snapping I may have missed out! Thanks Emalie for a GREAT evening, wonderful chats and for inspiring me to be more smiley :) Enjoy this last year!
Okay, okay, I take it back. Emalie is total model material!! She nailed the serious face a couple of times during the shoot!!
This last one was our final shot of the night and I think it's so cute... you can see her fighting back the smile!! She's so BEAUTIFUL!













No comments:
Post a Comment